Friday, December 7, 2007

remembering Granny Nelle


This is the last picture we have of Granny Nelle. It was taken right around Mother's Day of 2005, I believe. I know that someone had brought her those beautiful flowers from their own garden, and she was so amazed at all the different textures and plants that person had grown.
Ed Montana had come over that morning and played his guitar while she played the piano and sang. And that had been so much fun for her.
So when I look at this picture, I remember the Granny Nelle I knew, who always had a smile, a sense of wonder and a sense of fun.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Music was such a big part of her life. Did you get a chance to hear one of Myra and Granny Nelle's concerts? If only we would have recorded one....Granny Nelle is the only person I have ever known that could play the piano by ear.