Saturday, July 7, 2007


















It's a busy weekend around here. We had our 16th annual neighborhool parade one the Fourth. You don't know this kid in the wagon, but he rode the whole parade with the dog's tail wagging in his face, which was too much fun. The parade photo is from last year, as it was not so sunny this week. Our fifer grew up in the fife and drum corps in Williamsburg, and Gary is our official storyteller/historian. We usually have about 60 neighbors, and it is a good tradition. Andrew and Landon are shown with a group of the younger Bluebonnet boys who have all grown up shooting each other with paintball guns, etc.

Carson and Julianne are here this weekend. I drew her picture on the board in honor of her birthday, but it has undergone various changes back and forth over the weekend...fat legs, skinny legs, buck teeth, BIG boobs, even a sex change with the artistic additon of extra unmentionable anatomy. Brother in laws... So far, there has been skeet shooting, kayaking, and presently fly fishing going on. I have done a lot of laundry and some cooking, but I definitely notice extra help when Julianne is here. She made the decadent ice cream sandwich desert for tonight! Justy even dropped by for a few hours off from camp and just woke up from a 3 hour nap before he heads back. What a week they have had at camp on the Frio River. They've had 3 floods...4foot, 15 foot, and 3 foot rises. One thing Justy is responsible for is the waterfront, which has been destroyed each time...losing docks, slides, the blob. How would you like to be in charge of 8-12 year olds with daily rain all summer?
We do have sunshine today and it looks like the weather patterns are changing. I wish I could send some rain to those who want it, even though I am not tired of it yet! One photo is my back yard with constant rain since about March!
That's just news as I see it for now! I loved Molly's ongoing narrative...You write so well, and could publish as the new Erma Bombeck! Meredith, I didn't know you were such an artistic designer! You've done a great job! Monica, thanks again to you and Bryon for hosting us in June and for teaching me how to shutterfly and blog!!! Much love to you all, Wendy

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I can only imagaine that Julianne is praying for the day that Justus gets married!

Monica said...

I just love the idea of a neighborhood parade! Do you have a queen float also?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Wendy. It is time for a new update now that I'm actively into blogging.