Monday, May 26, 2008

Thirty pounds later...

This is the closest thing I have to a profile picture, one from my baby shower back in April. I really haven't gained much more weight since then, just a few pounds from all the cake and cookies I've been craving!

Life around here has been all about preparing for baby. Getting a new washer/dryer, installing the car seat, packing bags, freezing some dinners, and getting a new tv have been our excitement lately. Yeah, yeah...the new tv has nothing to do with baby on the way. It's just taken us a year to finally get one, so it was nice to mark that off our "to do" list. And, for those of you that haven't ever installed a car seat, try to avoid this task at all costs! My mechanical engineer husband threw the instruction manual at me after about 30 minutes saying he gave up. It's harder than it looks! We keep asking ourselves how we ever made it past childhood without car seats to keep us locked in place. Gone are the days of playing "Barbie" in the floorboards!

Wendy Poling has inspired me to start our on little Pfaff blog to keep up with our crazy life. Check it out at www.pfafftimes.blogspot.com. There is only one little post right now. We can't wait to announce her name to the world. All the guessing has been lots of fun!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Ha, ha! The car seat story was all too familiar! Remember putting together my stroller? Oh, and have you tried your pack and play yet? I thought Marc was going to kick it to the curb.

Wendy said...

HA! I wish I had a dollar for every time Robert announced that some baby product was "not made properly" or the instructions were not written properly, etc, etc. It's harder for the engineer types, I think.

Monica said...

The design staff at Pack 'N Play must have been working some overtime, because I was able to put that puppy together all by myself, no mechanical engineer needed! It did take me well over an hour using the "instruction" manual.