Friday, November 9, 2007

The Poling Family Curse

So I've been gathering dates in order to properly present the Poling Family Curse.

Here goes: the first born of the Poling family parent is destined to be born in the month of the Poling parent's birthday.

It starts with Walt (born in June) and his firstborn Linda, who was also born in June. Then Linda's firstborn Monica was also born in June. And, lo and behold, Monica's due date for her firstborn is also in June!

Next Stan. His firstborn Robert shares his birth month: October. And then Robert's firstborn, Genevieve, was also born in October. More on this later.

Next Wendy Poling Anderson, who was born in April. Her firstborn, Carson, was also born in April.

Molly and Carly are the only exception. How they were able to escape the curse, we may never know.

I (Wendy Lee) had hoped to escape the curse. Genevieve's due date was September 25. My mother-in-law informed me about the curse about 2 weeks before my due date, but then added "But I'm sure she won't be born in October!" Yep, it was funny then. Until she was a week overdue, and I went into labor with her right at midnight on October 1. The curse lives!

6 comments:

Monica said...

Very interesting stuff! I'm sure Carly is eternally grateful not to have her birthday in December.

Anonymous said...

It really is strange, isn't it? Thanks for posting the curse so it will be part of a historical record. I'm sure Guinness book of World records will be contacting us!

Molly said...

I spent my entire life promising never to have a child in the month of December. I never wanted my child to hear the words, "This is your birthday and Christmas present." So I was freed from the first-born curse. The Poling cholesterol gene got me double though.

Meredith said...

If it is true, then I am safe at least until May 2009! I guess I shouldn't really count on "the curse" as my only form of birth control.

Meredith said...

I wonder how far this goes back...does anyone know what month Walt's dad was born in and if it's the same as Walt's oldest brother?

Unknown said...

My mother, daughter of Fred Poling, was born June 10, 1932