Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's an Oklahoma Christmas...

Parrish and I happen to live on the Parade route for the Sand Springs Christmas Parade. We missed the Parade last year, but caught it tonight...
There were all the normal, cute floats. The local square dancers. The guys riding horses (one of them was sending a text while on his horse.) There were the Shriners in their funny cars, the local pageant winner, the weatherman, the State congressman, the boy scouts, etc.

And then, just as I was telling Parrish about the giant Piggy Bank float that we once constructed out of chicken wire and pink kleenex for Fritch State Bank's float in the Howdy Neighbor Day Parade (circa 1988), along came the 4H Group. They were all piled on a trailer, and behind the trailer...A GIANT SEVERED PIG HEAD.
And it was being chased by a bull dozer....
'Tis the Season!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, no...Mer, I couldn't see the photos and I'm absolutely beside myself to see them!
We have a parade to go to tonight. I'll be sure and take my camera to see if West Texas can out-do those Okies.

Anonymous said...

Just another proof of the Bible quote, "There is nothing new under the sun." Fritch parades are such trend setters. Soooouie!

(Couldn't see pictures yesterday, but could today)

Molly said...

Great photos! Nothing too exciting to report from our parade. Just a few low riders. And I saw a few fat people chasing candy. Could've got some good shots of them bending over to pick it up. Thought better of it.
Conrad kept yelling, "Merry Christmas!!! Throw me some candy!!!!"