Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Throwdown

I would like to challenge all of you fantastic and talented people to the First Annual Poling Pumpkin Carving Contest. Here is my entry.
I can only come up with one rule for you wiseguys: Don't even think about copy/pasting from any professional-type carving websites. We won't be fooled.
The winner receives bragging rights and the satisfaction of personally smashing everyone else's sub par entries. Of course, you have to come and get them yourself. And you have to wait until Halloween is over and the pumpkins are saggy and gross and/or have already been stolen and smashed by a raucous group of high-schoolers.
Good luck to all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...what's your secret? I know you had a template or some help. Fess up...'cause if I'm going to do this, I'll need some major tips!

Molly said...

I can't believe my own mom doubts my abilities.

(Better Homes and Gardens)

Anonymous said...

Thought so.

Monica said...

I'm all over this contest! While your cat is quite impressive, I've found an idea from Martha Stewart. Be forewarned!

Wendy said...

pumpikn challenge accepted! Just give me a week until things calm down around here. You guys are going down!

Justus said...

can't we just make pumpkin pies, and I'll eat them all?

Wendla said...

Well done!!